Monday, April 2, 2007

Bookworm's Turn, another meme

I'm not planning to make a habit of this but I love books and when I saw this meme on lime's blog I couldn't resist. Having seen so many posts recently about favourite movies and music I thought it was time for bookworms to get in on the act so I will add a couple of things of my own. Then you can tell me your preferences.
Favourite quote/s from Shakespeare.
"I will speak daggers to her, but use none".
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".
"My salad days, when I was green in judgment."
Quote/s from favourite book/s
Karma Cola- They thought we were profound,
we knew we were provincial
You get the idea, add anything you like, If you like, or just sit there muttering ,"When is she going to do a proper bloody post?"
--------------------------------------------------
THE STOLEN PART
Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
Anything I can get my hands on.

Amazon or brick and mortar?
.Bricks and mortar, I’m very tactile.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Who?
W.H.SMITH, Sweetens when I’m in England
and Floras when I’m in Greece

Bookmark or dog ear?
Anyone who dog ears is a marked man in my books


Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?

I have my own system based on author, function, reading age and several other factors which involve which books should be invitingly within reach so that small hands can reach them more easily than the TV remote control and whether I own them or have borrowed them.

Keep, throw away, or sell?
Keep mostly and occasionally pass on to a good home

Keep dust jacket or toss it?
keep

Read with dust jacket or remove it?
remove


Short story or novel?
Anything and everything, if I forget to take a book to the bathroom I have been known to read the back of the shampoo bottles.

Collection or anthology ?
I’m not keen on either.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
HARRY POTTER

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
It depends on the circumstances, when I fall asleep usually.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
. “Against the stars a great turtle passes carrying four elephants on its shell”

Buy or Borrow?
Both, but never steal !
Book thieves should be flayed alive.

New or used?
both

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
All of the above

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Whichever suits the story best.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading?
24.7

Stand-alone or series?
both

Favorite series?
Discworld

Favorite children's books?
Not Dahl

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
The Praise Singer


Favorite books read last year?
Karma Cola
Chronicle of a Death Foretold


Favorite books of all time?
Jitterbug Perfume
Guards! Guards!
Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

Least favorite book you finished last year?
Undomesticated Goddess

What are you reading right now?
Mostly poetry


What are you reading next?
The Historian

5 comments:

lime said...

oh yippee, i like your additions and i'd have to say the lawyer quote is a very good one ;)

Unknown said...

That's really a neat MEME and right in line with my primary addiction: books.

G-Man said...

Out Out brief candle,
life is but a walking shadow
A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage
and is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot
full of sound and fury
Signifying Nothing!!

I love Macbeth....

Travis Cody said...

I love books! I've got 13 titles sitting on my coffee table waiting for my attention.

Anonymous said...

People who dog ear are marked men?!? "in your books"....*groan*